Sunday, March 29, 2009

A worm in a previous life?

Thanks for the great worm responses. (Fine example of a sentence I never dreamed I would write)

I was a trifle sad that no one wanted to debate me about Jimmy Rollins but then I realized it is because they know I am right...so that's a good thing.

Gotta agree with Michelle...Brett's worm responses were priceless. A bit creepy...but priceless.

First he explains for us the extremely complicated psyche of the worm...


Well it's a simple case of the way earthworms are wired. All earthworms are hermaphrodites containing both male and female parts. Therefore they are late leaving their homes when it rains because even though their hole is about to be flooded the female part refuses to leave until the hole is very clean because you never know who might show up once the water recedes. Once they are finally out of their homes a sidewalk/roadway is their only choice. Once the rain finishes the male part insists that he does not need directions to find his way back to the hole. Invariably he chooses the way that involves the longest stretch of blacktop and therefore you have shriveled up worms.


The only thing I would add to your analysis Brett is that when the male side of the worm decides he does not need directions, the female side begins to nag him incessantly, thus causing the worm to intentionally throw itself under the foot of the nearest passerby simply to end the cacophony.

Otherwise...spot on.

Then Brett gave us his entry falling under the Twitter like limit of 140 characters...


"How can I possibly be concerned with trivial things like rain when physically I can't distinguish my head from my rear end".


One could argue that any politician in Washington could also make this claim.


Kudos Brett...your prize is in the mail...as is my smack talk for dominating your brackets...


My opinion on the worm phenomena...


Three words..."SLIP AND SLIDE!!!"


Check back with us here at the Hideaway this week as I attempt to Twitter an entire novel using only the wingdings font.

Yes...seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO