Friday, March 13, 2009

My Friday Top Ten Thoughts

Wanna begin a new feature here in the Hideaway. Random ten thoughts from the past week...


1. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the frigging "OCTO-MOM". What is the county's fascination with this head case?

2. Sixers closed out the Spectrum tonight. My favorite Spectrum memory? A Billy Joel concert in 1993. The Phils were in the series and Joel came out in a Phillies hat and screamed "F*** the Jays!" Place went bananas...

3. State testing sucks. Nuff said.

4. I am trying to get swept up in the World Baseball Classic...I really am...it's just not working. I do like the Team USA hat though...maybe in the later rounds...I think I am struggling with staring at Jeter's face for so long during the games and the retching feeling that accompanies it.

5. President Obama getting failing grades on MSNBC...wow...who da thunkit? Seems the Messiah is falible after all...Check the damage. Don't blame me...I voted for McCain.

6. Rumor has it that the Cards are looking to trade Anquan Boldin...I bet the Eagles will make a heavy push for him...and then I am going to sprout wings and fly to the moon...and for the record...I am STILL pissed about the Dawkins deal...spent the week pricing #20 Denver jerseys.

7. Onion article of the week...Obamas First 100 Days...it updates every day so keep checking back.

8. Bill Buchanan went out in a blaze of glory...RIP Bill...hated to see it happen but it was a good exit for the character.

9. Joe Biden stays relevant...ahem...uhh...yeah right...moving on...

10. Pat Burrell is a classy guy. I won't miss his legs (rotting corpses decay faster than he runs) but he gave his all in his nine years as a Philly. Thanks for the note Pat, and the memories.


Got any thoughts from the week or comments on mine? Please share in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. 2. Wasn't that the concert where the ugly girl next to you tried to grab your hand? Dad said my favorite memory would have been a WWF wrestling event- but I stepped on nails and couldn't go... He is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not recall her being ugly, merely your jealousy at my super human ability to attract girls.

    I do remember that wrestling event.

    You didn't miss much...the sight of you running across that bed of nails was much more funny AND entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO