Friday, August 27, 2010

One Hundred Word Challenge - Corridor

The prompt for this week's flash fiction over at Velvet Verbosity is corridor. The task was to write one hundred words inspired by that word. Here's my go...

The Walk



The condemned shuffles down the corridor, head bowed, thoughts on what awaits him at its end. Bright fluorescents overhead throw their harsh light down as he walks and considers the sequence of events that brought him to this place. 

He shakes his head, wishing with all his being that he could take it back. Anger got the best of him and when the red mist filled his vision, he knows that he lost control.

He comes to the end. Looks up.

'This is it,' he thinks. 'My life is over.'

He opens the door marked Principal's Office and trudges inside.





8 comments:

  1. DUDE, this was totally awesome. I mean it, I really loved it. The switch up at the end, oh boy, that was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DFB, I appreciate that. I am a teacher so my mind naturally went there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote 100 words about a fictional Spanish explorer then realized the word was corridor nor conquistador. Back to the square one for me.

    solid work, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO. You are witty my friend and I love it! Great flourish with words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In. Submitted. Here's my link: http://lance-myblogcanbeatupyourblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/game-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. *snort* I've been that 'deadman walking' before too. Great take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was all "Green Mile" there - the twist at the end was unexpected, to say the least. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO