Sunday, August 29, 2010

The First Father 100 Winner





Holy advanced calculus Batman!

This was wayyyyyyyy harder than I thought it was going to be. Seventeen awesome blogging dads and one awesome blogging mom took up the challenge to write a one hundred word or less piece of flash NON-fiction inspired by the word LOVE.

Let me tell ya...these dudes and dudette are awesome! I have sat here this evening, for over an hour, reading and re-reading the wisdom, compassion, and excellence that have poured forth from the pens of these eighteen writers. If you haven't read them all go do it. You will thank me for pointing you to them.

I did say I would single out the post that most spoke to me each week. And while they ALL did on one level or another, the effort turned in by Dr. Shawn over at These Are My Footprints In The Sand spoke to me the most.

Enjoy his piece, then go visit his blog for more of the same. Then go visit the blogs of the other seventeen participants. What I had hoped would happen has begun to happen. We are showing the world that these dads and mom can write with skill and precision. Enjoy Dr. Shawn's piece and please join us Wednesday for another round of The Father 100!



I do.
I will.
I promise to.
God gives it.
We all deserve it.
Our children show it.
Our children require it.
It must be unconditional.
Grace can be found there.
Mercy is given birth by it.
Endless nights of teething, worry, teenage years.
Puff, Smurfs, Barney, Blue, Hannah Montana, Bieber Fever OY!
Crawl, waddle, step, crash, tantrum, crash, step, crash, TANTRUM!!
Birth
Cry
Sleeping entire night
Teething
Babble, walk, talk
Preschool
Cheer
Homerun
First Kiss
Drive
Date
Graduation
College
Marriage
Then it’s goodbye as they begin their own.
Fast, flash
Daddy…
LOVE…them as if there is no tomorrow.

Thank you to all who participated! I hope to see you back on Wednesday for the new word!

                                                       -Brian     
                                                         (Chalkboard Dad)                      

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You nailed it. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Dr Shawn. I really enjoyed it. Congratulations to all the other writers. I read and liked them all. Can't wait until next weeks word...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh thank you. Aww man, I feel so loved. I'll send you that 20 I promise :) Seriously though, I really appreciate it and this was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Dr. Shawn. Great 100.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratz Doc. Cant stop reading your stuff. Good choice, Brian.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO