Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Father 100 - Episode 4

Graphic by Chris @ Daddy Doctrines

Happy one month birthday, Father 100! 

Since starting this project a month ago, I am already impressed with the great writing we have been able to gather together from many awesome blogging moms and dads, husbands and wives, dudes and dudettes.
We have seen a great diversity from the posts created from our first three word prompts, LOVE, FORGIVENESS, and LAUGHTER. I look forward to reading them every week. Your support and sharing of this project continues to make it grow.

Let's keep the momentum rolling.

This weeks word came at the suggestion of one of my favorite dad blogging friends, @PapaRocks6. He dropped a direct message the other day with this word and I told him it was an excellent suggestions, much better than the word @TheDaddyYoDude and I came up with, turd.

So without further delay here are the rules and PapaRocks6's excellent prompt.

The rules are simple. I will give you a word. Yes, that's right a word. As in one. Single. The cheese stands alone...you get the point.

You will have between now and midnight (EST) on Saturday to write a one hundred word post inspired by that word. Entries can be less than one hundred words, but they cannot be more. Posts must focus on some aspect of marriage or parenting. Even though I call this the Father 100, moms are encouraged to join us!

Ninety words? Cool.

Ninety-eight? Awesome.

One hundred two? Sorry chief.

One hundred words (or less).

Write your post on your blog and then add your link to the linky tools below, just like for Father Friday.

Sometime over the course of the weekend I will read all the entries. Then I will pick the entry that I feel best does justice to the spirit of the given word. Some weeks I will have a guest do the judging so I can play as well.

This exercise is strictly for fun and also for good writing practice. As of this time no prizes will be offered. Should I win the lottery or score a successful reality series (Real Dads of Delaware...can you see it?) that may change, but for now the chosen author will have to content himself or herself  with the prideful swell of a job well done.

I think this can be a lot of fun. Who is in?

This week's word is...


Community

Happy writing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO