Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The MLB Network

If you are a fan of baseball and you are not watching the MLB network right now...I have no idea why not.

I am sitting here at the laptop watching a break in of the Seattle/Minnesota game. So far, in the past 25 minutes I have watched the end of the Yankees second loss in a row (love it). I have watched Longoria crush the ball at Fenway to put the Rays up 6-1 on the Sox. Sadly I watched the Mets go up by 4 on the reds. Now I just saw the Reds start to climb back. (It is now a 9-7 game...GO REDS)

I love this channel...its like having a season ticket at every ballpark for the most important parts of the games. They can cut right in and will stay with any game in a close situation...IN GLORIOUS HD!

(Astros closing in on the Cubs)

(WTH is up with the Padres hideously ugly camo uniforms?)

The MLB Network is FAR SUPERIOR to the NFL Network. The on air talent is FAR better (the fact that there is no Deon to contend with gives the MLBN a 1,000 point bounce). The presentation is better. The original programming is better. In my mid, it's not even a close competition.

I have been watching MLB Network regularly since New Years Day. If you love baseball and you have access...you really should be as well.


On a side note...the Phills got the rings today. Pat Burrell got the largest ovation of the entire ceremony, which was very cool, as Pat Gillick cried like an old, wrinkly ten year old girl. In the long run Ibanez will help us out more I think...but I will miss old Pat the Bat. It was good to see the team together one more time.


Good finish to the game as well. Yes, we have to thank the Braves bullpen somewhat for it...but the hitters did their job...especially Ibanez. Let's hope for a better April to come.

Bring on dem Rockies!

Any debate? Let's take it to the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO