Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Top Ten 4/10-4/17

There was a lot of zombie talk last week. I hope I didn't chase any of my six readers away with my talk of the flesh consuming undead.

Or perhaps it was the sharing of a site that encourages torture of marshmallow candy for the amusement of people with questionable moral character.

Or perhaps it was Easter week and people were just busy.

Whatever the reason my zombie question (If you could choose any classic movie or book to spice up with the introduction of a zombie infestation, what would it be and why) only garnered three responses. But they were three great responses and I am having considerable difficulty choosing a winner. The entries were...

1. Gone With the Wind by Last Call Again

2. The Breakfast Club by Faith

3. The Sound of Music by Life on the Edges.

Help me figure this one out. Zombies would make a wonderful addition to any of these choices. I have my favorite but if you cold please click the COMMENT link and throw in your two cents...or two severed appendages as the case may be...on which choice should win the big prize, I would be eternally grateful. I will also still take entries up until Sunday.


Onto this week's list.


10. Twitter!

Twitter has been in the news all week. I enjoyed watching the Kutcher vs . CNN race. It was silly fun that also raised thousands of dollars for a very worthy cause.

I love Twitter.

Have been a tweeting member since April 10, 2007. Find out why I am a TWIT(ter). If you have been hearing all about Twitter and want to know what it is all about, go check it out...jump in!

If you are an old pro at Twitter and want to remember what your first insightful tweet was all about, jump over to MyFirstTweet.com. Want to know my first pearl of wisdom?

On April 10, 2007, at 3:38 pm, I unleashed this metaphysical scripture...

"Sitting at the computer."

Little did Twitter know at the time...its sage muse had arrived.

If you are not on Twitter now...you should be.

9. I am glad someone finally told the Eagles they are ALLOWED to make moves in the offseason, aside from not picking up the contract of the most loved player on the team and possibly in the history of the franchise and firing disabled employees for flexing their first amendment rights.

I LOVE the pick up of Jason Peters. The guy is a beast who will definitely have McNabb's left side covered. In fact, if we can keep Shawn Andrews off of Zoloft, the O line is looking GOOD. The fact that we still get to pick 21st is icing.

Might we have a sustained running game this year? Dare I think it?

8. Let me throw some numbers at you.

5.54, 6.55, 9.00, 10.38, 11.17

Those numbers represent the ERA for Myers, Moyer, Blanton, Ho Park, and Hamels respectively.

There is no doubt...this has been a very tough week for the team with the passing of HK (see #1).

But I don't know how much longer I can wait for the starting pitching to wake up!

The Phillies were up 7 to 1 tonight before Cole began hemorrhaging faster than my 401K. The bats are what is keeping me from throwing myself off the Benjamin Franklin bridge...but after tonight I may have to wait in line.

7. So apparently the argument it's not what you know but who you know is alive and well today. A friend sent me this article about a memorial that is being funded to honor the memory and legacy of Martin Luther King. Intellectual Properties Management Inc., King's family, was paid $761,160.00 for the use of his words.

$761,160.00

I don't know what MLK would say about this, but I find it hard to believe it would be anything positive. How do you justify that much money in a single year?

6. Welcome home Richard Phillips!

All's well that ends well...except for those three ventilated pirates.

5. For the male portion of my six readers I offer BadAssoftheweek.com (profanity warning...quite a bit of it). Yes, it is EXACTLY what it sounds like.

You have to read about this week's BadAss, Ben Nyaumbe.

I don't even feel worthy to type this dude's name.

4. As if the world needed another reason to mock Yankee fans.

Well...I am always looking for a good one so with that in mind I offer this link to a short video.

You go watch. I'll wait here.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

My favorite quote:

"Pepsi used this as a platform to promote their product (well...DUH...isn't that why it's called a promotion), and humiliate the Yankee fans (don't think you need Pepsi's help with that one sweetheart)."

So the Bleacher Bums make an asinine mistake, then blame Pepsi and litter in the streets to prove their point.

I think I am gonna go watch it again...

3. A cool site I pulled off Twitter this week. Sorry, forget who put it out there so I can't credit the tweet.

Twenty lashes for me with the Twitter Cat-o-nine tails.

The Mother of all Lists is...the mother of all lists.

I really had to include it for this entry in the 'Entertainment List'...

Eight Albums I Have Owned That I Should Be Embarrassed About, But, Whatever, Life’s Too Short.

I have actually owned tow of those eight at some point in my life. If you want to guess, take it to the comments section.

2. I had a section all sorted out to talk about Allen Iverson but I ran out of the desire to care. Why kick a man when he is down...wayyyyy down.

So, instead, how about the latest, totally amazing, would be Filet Mignon if it were a food, Half Blood Prince trailer?

ENJOY

1. Harry the K.

Tomorrow the Phillies will honor the life and memory of their voice for the past almost 40 years, Harry Kalas.

My tribute here.

Rest in peace Harry.

There will never be another like you.



That's the list for this past week. I would love to debate any of it...just bring your thoughts to the COMMENT section, right at the end of this post.

If you are looking for the weekend questions I have decided to change the format a bit.

Instead of a weekend question, I think I am going to go with a weekly one. I will unveil the question on a Monday and pick the winner on a Friday.

I will pick the winner of last week's question (hopefully with some valuable assistance) on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone! Watch out for the zombies...



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO