Monday, July 26, 2010

A Daughter's Love

As our mini beach vacation draws to a close we are doing all we can to squeeze every drop of fun we can from what is left of it. This morning The Wife, The Peanut, and I were enjoying a dip in the cool, chlorinated waters of the pool. The Peanut is learning to swim and her latest self made goal is to swim from one side of the pool to the other using only one breath.

As we practiced and she coughed and sputtered her way through water up the nostrils, fluffy white cumulus clouds passed slowly overhead against the backdrop of a perfectly blue summer sky.

At one point, after almost making it across the distance, she floated over to me and put her arms around my neck. She stayed still for the space of a breath or two, the moment stretching on into forever in my mind.

I felt her head move as she looked up. She took in a quick breath, then let out a little giggle. She pulled back and looked me in the eye. She pointed to the sky over my shoulder and said, "Look Daddy...the sky knows how much I love you!"

I turned my head and this is what I saw...


Is there a better feeling than the reciprocated love of a child? I really don't think so.



7 comments:

  1. No, there really isn't anything better than the reciprocated love of a child. This was such a heartwarming post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Brian...This is so sweet. You are incredibly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! That is a moment that will last forever in your heart. I'm so glad that you were able to get that picture too. What a blessing!

    Happy Saturday Sampling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of my dad who went to be with the Lord Feb. of 2007 whenever I see a pretty blue sky. Here's why: http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-made-right-choice.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. It always amazes me when my almost four-year-old son out of the blue say, "I love you mommy". It never ceases to lift my spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. I almost broke my toe and lost my bathing suit leaping out of the pool to get the shot...but I survived!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...that gave me chills!!!! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO