Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blog Hop - On Jasper Fforde

What book am I dying to get my hands on? That's easy.

I am a huge fan of Jasper Fforde. His series with Thursday Next and her adventures in the bureau of Jurisfiction, the bureau that upholds the law within all published fiction, is fantastic. The next Thursday Next novel is due to come out in March of 2011. It has been pushed back twice. I miss Thursday...it has been way too long. If you like literature, clever word play, puns, and side splitting humor, you MUST read Fforde today.

Start with the Eyre Affair, the first Thursday Next novel. I promise, you will not be disappointed and you will want to read all of his other novels. The Nursery Crime series is also awesome.

That is the book I cannot wait to get my hands on. I am sure there are others but Thursday Next cannot get back to me soon enough.

Thanks for hopping on in. Stay a while...look around. Drop me a comment so I know where to hop myself.

Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. I hopped over from the Book Blogger Hop. I LOVE Jasper Fforde!He is writing a children's novel called The Last Dragonslayer that will be published in the UK in the fall. I want that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm stopping by from parajunkee's hop!! I'm a new follower :) Have a great weekend!

    http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for swinging by Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brian,
    That Read Instead pic is awesome! I'm going to have to check out Fforde. Sadly, I've never heard of the author.

    Anyhoo, Howdy from FF! I'm a new follower! Have a great weekend!
    Missie,
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop..I'd love for you to stop in and check out my blog
    if you get a change {book and product reviews, giveaways, family stuff and more}.
    Have a wonderful weekend ♥
    http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-hop-4_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the first Thursday book (Eyre Affair) but I really loved it. My wife and sister-in-law have read most (all?) of them. I need to get on the ball and push through the series. It's a ton of fun. Will need to check out his other stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Brandi...me too!

    @Missi...I agree...it is an awesome pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mystee...thanks and I will!

    @Okie...do it. You won't be disappointed.

    @Larissa...good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a really interesting blog! I love Jasper Fforde, have you read Shades of Grey yet? I also like King, Chabon, Lowry and meaning to read Coraline by Gaiman. I'm at The Book Stop, http://thebookstop.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping by...I've been wanting to read the Eyre Affair, I think I'm going to move it up on my reading list!! Thanks for the nudge :)
    www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com
    ~lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jasper Fforde! I've been waiting anxiously for Shades of Grey to come out in paperback, now I'll have to try and patiently wait for the next Thursday Next novel as well. Hopefully it won't get pushed back further than March 2011

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO