Monday, October 11, 2010

The Hyperborean Geocacher

I have written about geocaching on this blog before.

It is an excellent (and inexpensive) way to get outside and exercise alone or with the family. A global game, you can find active geocaches almost anywhere you travel (yes, even Antarctica AND the International Space Station). I have been actively caching since early spring and it is a great way to spend spare time or family time.

I find myself wanting to write about geocaching more and more yet this blog doesn't really seem the place to do so. So I created a new blog, The Hyperborean Geocacher. It will be my place to write about all things Geocache. It will also be a place to pursue another one of my hobbies, photography. I always have my camera with me when Geocaching and always have time to grab shots like this one...



Come on over and visit. You may walk away with a new hobby...

8 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the wife and I got lured into this a few months ago. It's definitely more fun than I would have imagined. The micro caches drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had someone say to me that Micros are geacaching's version of spam...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to do this. My daughter and I were actually going to give this a shot, got all psyched for it... and then I realized my phone doesn't have GPS.

    Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geocaching is awesome! I haven't done much, but it always feels like a big treasure hunt to me and my kids love it. I'll be sure to stop by the new blog from time to time. Good pic by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name of the post alone was fabulous! (That sounded kinda gay, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @DP...decent GPS units have REALLY come down in price.

    @DFB...Thanks!

    @JR...yeah...a little bit...not that there's anything wrong with that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs444...it's a great way to get out and enjoy the outdoors...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO