Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thrasher Fries - Their Grammar Sucks As Much As Their Product

Coming to you live from the beach today. The heat index yesterday was 110 degrees. I have no idea why the east coast all of the sudden thinks it is Death Valley but it did have the benefit of making an hours long romp in the ocean an enjoyable experience.

The temperature in the shade yesterday.

For those unfamiliar with Delaware beaches, there is an institution around here that sells nothing but french fries. Fresh cut potato slices fried in vats of peanut oil. Most Delaware gormandizers slather their Thrasher fries in vinegar.

I am in an admitted minority here in the First State. I can't stand Thrasher fries. And in Delaware to admit publicly that you do not like Thrasher Fries is akin to standing up in a Catholic church and suggesting that the Pope replace all copies of the Bible with the Da Vinci Code. An instant pariah maker. A modern day beach leper.

So when my friend Sarah posted the following pic on her Facebook page, it made me happy on the inside. Truly, Thrasher's grammar sucks as much as their product.

Yes, I said it.


I can't wait to see the kind of comments this post generates. Bring it on Delawareans!



7 comments:

  1. I'm not a Delawarean. I've never heard of Thrasher fries. Vinegar on fries does NOT sound good to me. You're right, their grammar does suck. The Midwest is also imitating Death Valley. If I wanted to live in Death Valley, I'd move there! Unfortunately, there will be no vacations at the beach for me this year. I hope you're enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy!! Thrashers with vinegar are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has their own tastes. I enjoy Thrashers with vinegar. As far as their grammar is concerned, you should not be surprised. You teach language arts in Delaware Public Schools and Thrashers is in Delaware. It does not take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Thrasher's about once a year. After that, I need thinner, crispier, less-greasy fries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anon #2...obviously, everyone has their own tastes. Actually, this pic was taken in Ocean City...which is not in DE. I checked the DE Thrashers last night, and I am happy to report that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, shit, Brian! I "liked" your post and didn't realize it would show my real name. Now what?! (I hope I don't have any stalkers!!)

    Anyway, The idea of vinegar on fries is a curious thing to me, as a Wisconsinite, so you'll get no criticism here. And WOW-That SPELLING? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs444...your real nom de plume must only come up for you. On here you go by the handle "One Person"...lol. I clicked it to see what happens and it came up as my name. It seems that your name only appears to you...which makes sense. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure that is the case.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO