Monday, August 4, 2008

Travel Phenomena

Very tired. A lot has been going on which I will share at some point, but I haven't written in a few days and I miss it. So...just a slice before bed time.

We are out in Wichita (Thanks Hattie for the spelling correction) to visit the fam on my wife's side. Kansas is like Delaware except that is it flatter, there is no ocean, and there are a few more Walmarts.

We flew in yesterday. I am not much of a traveler and what I took as a strange phenomena, some may just take as regular business. We flew out of Philly (at seven in the friggin morning) and went to Memphis. There we got off, sprinted across the airport (why the hell do they always drop me at the farthest gate from my connecting flight? Is it planned out beforehand?), and struggled to get to our connecting flight to Tulsa. The two flights were pretty standard and not terribly thrilling. There was something at the end of each flight that made me smile. After the plane landed, on each flight, the pilot would make his standard "Welcome to __________(insert city name), the time is blah, blah, blah...the temperature is blah, blah, blah, we are glad you chose us, we are glad we didn't plummet to our deaths...yadda, yadda, yadda...". As he was running through the list in a bored, I could really care less voice, the airplane erupted in a chorus of music. At first I really couldn't figure out what it was. A hundred chimes, synthesized piano notes, and bleeps. On the second flight I figured it out. It was the sound of roughly a hundred people turning on their cell phones at approximately the same time. It was an amusing cacophany of tiny, electronic noise. Has anyone else noticed this while flying or was it just me?

In other news...the Phillies really tried to give a win to the Cardinals tonight. As I drift off to sleep the fightins are sitting at 61-50. That is two and a half in front of Florida and three in front of the Mutts (What was that...4 losses in a row New York?). There be a lot of baseball left...bring it on!

And on the Brett Favre front...I still don't give a spit. ESPN does...but then again, they seem to be of the opinion that there is no other NFL news without Favre.

It's late.

I am tired.

Shane Victorino ROCKS!



And if you came here looking for the naked pictures of Brett Favre...GET A LIFE SICKO!!!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

  1. Yeah? Oh YEAH??? Man, I am one pissed off Mets fan today. We had a firm grip on things, and let it slip through our fingers once.again.

    I ranted on the team this morning on my blog; this version of the Mets is as maddening a team as I've ever experienced in my many years of fandom.

    Still, it's a very tight race, and imo, either the Phillies, the Fish, OR the Mets could walk away with the division. So let's not get crazy here, lol.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO