Friday, August 15, 2008

70 word Super Flash Fiction contest

Been spending some time hanging out at a new message board run by author JA Konrath. Seek it here.

He is having a super flash fiction contest. Here is my first entry. Story has to be seventy words OR LESS. This was my first experience with flash fiction. I quite enjoyed it and intend to write some more. I would be most interested in any feedback.

Pop over yourself, take a stab.



Debt Collection by Spiny Norman

Solid footfalls stopping just outside the hotel room door. My whiskey soaked breath making me sick. ESPN on the cheap TV, replaying the final highlights of the game again and again.

Showing the buzzer beater. The impossible shot.

The money.

Gone.

A single knock at the door. No need to ask who it is. No strength in my legs to open it.

No matter.

It will all be over soon.



Thoughts?

Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

  1. Wow.. All I can say. Too bad you are still a complete tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says the dude with the Eeyore tattoo...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO