Friday, August 7, 2009

Fatherhood Friday - A Warning



Took a mini vacation this week with stops at Eagles training camp, Sesame Place, the In-Laws, and the Please Touch Museum in Philly. Just got back not long ago and I am quite tired so today's FF post will be short, sweet, to the point, and it just may save your life.

If you ever go to Sesame Place (A GREAT place to take the family by the way) and see this guy walking around the park...



...and you get the urge to tickle him and see if he really does have that cute little laugh, PLEASE DON'T!

The park employee wearing the costume will NOT be amused by the joke and the resultant meetings with park security and then the Pennsylvania State Police will not only be incredibly embarrassing for your loved ones, but it is also pretty much a buzz kill for the rest of the day.

Consider yourself warned.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - will bare it in mind.

    Probably good advice in relation to all theme parks, and sports events with mascots. (Reminds me of the time that baseball player hit one of the Milwaukee Brewers mascots in the sausage race a couple of years back!)

    Thanks

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! we were at ALL the same places you mentioned in the post, earlier this year. LOVED IT THERE! And nope, we never tickled...uh uh...tempted I was, but no LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have tickled Elmo if he were his true size like on Sesame Street. However, I think THAT particular Elmo could take me down..so I'll just smile and wave at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice. I will remember that. I can't wait to take my little man there. It's been years since I've been up that way. I went there all the time on school trips since I grew up in So. Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did u find this out by experience? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PJ...it is totally worth it. We had a BLAST!


    @Ciara...not really no. I have no doubt that is how it would have gone down though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't pet the mascots!

    I would've put my kid up to it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I wish you could hear me laughing at this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, that's good to know. Maybe you forgot to stick the batteries in his..., well you know. Try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tom...kids can get away with it. Adults...probably not so much!

    @Janie... :-)

    @WM...Yeah...that won't scar hundreds of children for the rest of their lives...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never wanted to tort . . . I mean tickle a mascot. Now, I'll have get my youngest nephew to do it! LOL.
    I was in a mascot suit . . . ONCE! At 5'2" I played BIG BIRD! I was sitting down. It was hot, stuffy, and I almost passed out. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @SM...I worked at Chuck E. Cheese when I was in high school...those suits are torture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO