Monday, June 21, 2010

It's MONDAY! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? This is a weekly meme I found that is hosted by Shelia over at One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books.

Anyone who knows me well knows how much I enjoy the magic of the written word. When one of my students see me WITHOUT a book in my pocket or clutched in my vis-s-vis stained fingers they immediately ask me what's wrong. So this meme seemed ideal for me to participate in. Feel free to log into the comments section and let me know what YOU are reading this week.

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Meg Meeker, M.D.

Stories: All New Tales edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio

The Magicians by Lev Grossman

Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov

Horns: A Novel by Joe Hill

The Worst Years of Your Life: Stories for the Geeked-Out, Angst-Ridden, Lust-Addled, and Deeply Misunderstood Adolescent in All of Us edited by Mark Jude Poirier

So how about you? What are YOU reading this week?

7 comments:

  1. They all look good to me, will be passing along some of them to my husband.

    WELCOME TO THIS MEME!!!

    Dollycas

    Here's my week and enter my contest if you get the chance. http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have some good books going. I am on my way out the door but making a note to stop back later and check these out in more detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about The Worst Years of Your Life; I'd like to stop back and see what you think of it. I'm a teacher too and I find a lot of your books intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading "Pride & Prejudice"(again) in the mornings; only this time, I'm doing a sort of analytical read-through, since Jane is one of my favorite authors. In the evenings, I'm reading "Venom and Song" for Thomas Nelson's Blog/Book Review program. And before I sleep, I am still working through "The Complete Works of Wesley."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished The Secret Hour by Luanne Rice and Vanish With the Rose by Barbara Michaels. I'm checking out the library to see what's new. I'm also totally fascinated by one on your list: The Worst Years of Your Life. I think I'm going to check that out!

    I always have my nose in a book when I can. I love reading and always have. My girls are the same. I'm glad that's one thing they picked up from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those books that you're reading. I'll need to look into getting those ones on teaching.

    This week I've been reading R.U.R by Karel Capek and The Heart of Darkness (along with some of Conrad's short stories).

    Btw, I like your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kelp!!

    I am enjoying them all. The teaching book is truly excellent, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO