Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Philly Dad Gives Us All A Reason To Smile

Those of us who have grown up fans of the Phillies have lived with unfair reputations for as long as I can remember. There are idiot fans in every market...but we get hit particularly hard. It was good to see this last night. I was watching the game live when it happened. Thank you Steve, not only for giving us a lasting image of the love of a father for his daughter, but also for showing the world that Phillies fans, MOST Phillies fans, are not the hairless apes network TV likes to portray us as.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! As a fellow Phillies fan, I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she threw the baseball at Santa Claus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this video over and over and saw this fan and his family on the news last night. My heart was filled with gladness when I saw that man hug his daughter, even though his disappointment must have been huge. This is a man with the right priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video's not available anymore but I saw it several times on the news. I thought this was a GREAT moment. And it's lucky that it happened to such a great dad; I feel reasonably sure that if it was me up there with one of my boys when they were toddlers, you would have noticed a flash of "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING????" before the hug. :)

    I'm glad the team gave them a ball. This is one of those stories that PR people love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO