Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Backyard

The grass in my backyard is getting long.

Not simply 'gee that yard needs a trim' long.

No.

We are talking 'My God Johnson...the dog wandered into the backyard and we haven't seen her FOR TEN DAYS!' kind of long.

The reason for this amazonization of my beloved backyard is two fold.

The first reason is quite simple. I am a lazy ass. This is the true and underlying reason for a lot of things actually.

The second reason is that the fuel line is leaking. Now some might be tempted to take reason number one (lazy ass) and IMPLY that I intentionally caused reason number two, in a sort of midnight Mission Impossible maneuver involving some suspension wires, a sharp pointy object, and Tom Cruise's tight pants.

While the thought of suspension of grass cutting duties via intentional sabotauge was certainly tempting (except for the pants...seriously...picture 10 pounds of lumpy playdough stuffed into a seven pound bag) I did not in any way fiddle with the integrity of the lawnmower. The line just developed what nature does to all things over the course of time. Age cracks.

What I should be doing right now, instead of sitting here on the laptop, is getting off said lazy ass, getting the keys to my car, and heading over to Sears to get a replacement piece.

Because I just looked out the back window and I swear to god, I think I saw natives moving stealthfully through my jungle on their way to storm the back door.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO